SPARTANBURG, S.C. –The USC Upstate Track and Field team came away with three wins, 13 top-five finishes and 14 top-ten finishes at the Terrier Relays this weekend.
- Kalyn Brown felt right at home throwing at her own practice facility on Friday afternoon. Brown won the women's shot put competition with a throw of 13.14 meters.
- Adanma Uzor not only the women's triple jump event, but she also set a new meet record with a leap of 11.84 meters.
- The Men's 4x800 meter relay team edged out Morehouse by a tenth of a second for the victory.
- Uzor recorded her second top-three finish of the outdoor season in the long jump competition on Saturday afternoon.
- For the second consecutive week middle distance runner Tanner Saunders placed in the top-three of the 400 meters event with a second place finish.
- Elam Pearson finished third overall in the men's long jump competition. Pearson's leap of 6.82 meters ranks third in USC Upstate History.
- Dorian Jones placed third in the men's 1500 meters event with a time of 3:57.77.
- Antonie Nance ran a 10.74 second 100 meter dash to take fourth overall in the competition. The time also ranks in the top-three of USC Upstate History.
- Jonathan Johnson placed fifth overall in the 3,000 meter steeple chase event. Johnson's time of 10:07.54 now ranks third all-time in the USC Upstate record book.
- The men's 4x200 meter relay team came in second place with a time of 1:28.30.
- Jasmine Brown placed third overall in the 100 meter dash with a time of 12.27 seconds.
- Brittany Cox came in fourth place in the 100 meter hurdles event with an overall time of 15.10 seconds.
- Angelnique Bryant placed fifth in the 200 meter event with a time of 25.10 seconds.
- The women's 4x100 relay team came in fourth place.
- The women's 4x200 relay team and 4x800 meter both had third place finishes in their respective events.
- K. Brown not only won the women's shot put event, but she also came in eighth place in the women's discus event.
- Saunders placed sixth overall in the 110 meters hurdle event with a time of 15.30 seconds.
- Jared Henderson finished seventh in the 100 meters event with a time of 10.85 seconds. That mark places Henderson fourth all-time in USC Upstate history.
- Javin Holston finished with a pair of eighth place finishes in the 100 and 200 meter events. Both times placed Holston in the USC Upstate record book.
- Cameron Smith placed ninth in the 110 meters hurdle event with a time of 15.45 seconds.
- Jacob Coccia completed the 3,000 meter steeple event in a time of 10:24.30. Coccia time placed him eighth overall in the event and places him sixth all-time in USC Upstate history.
- The men's 4x100 relay team placed sixth with a total time of 42.06 seconds.
- Benjamin Bapoupeleh finished seventh in the men's triple jump.
- Jacquille Mosley placed sixth in the men's javelin event on Saturday afternoon.
- Tony Auguste placed sixth in both the shot put and discus events. Auguste's shot put throw of 14.29 meters ranks third all-time in USC Upstate history and his discus throw of 43.52 meters ranks second all-time.
- Bryson Hatten finished sixth in the Hammer event with a throw of 45.96 meters. The throw ranks Hatten fourth all-time in the USC Upstate record book.
- Mikenzie Young-Mullins placed sixth overall in the long jump competition for the Spartans.
Men's Personal Records:
Javin Holtson- 200m
Khaliq Edwards- 400m & 200m
Lucas Campbell- 800m
Marlin Young- 1500m
Michael Tardella- 1500m
Logan Miller- 5000m
Jonathan Johnson- 3k Steeple
Jonathan Loy- 3k Steeple
Jacob Coccia- 3k Steeple
Jared Coccia- 3k Steeple
Elam Pearson- Long Jump
Tony Auguste- Shot Put & Discus
Tim Jordan- Shot Put & Discus
Bryson Hatten- Hammer
Women's Personal Records:
Jasmine Brown- 100m
Angelnique Bryant- 200m
Mia Davis- 1500m
Bailey Wensler- 1500m
Brawnwyn Koellner- 1500m
Ting O'Regan- 5000m
Mikenzie Young-Mullins- Long Jump & Javelin
Kayln Brown- Hammer
- The USC Upstate track and field team will compete in the Charlotte Invitational on April 12-13.
Follow USC Upstate track & field on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).