ROCK HILL, S.C. – The USC Upstate men's and women's track and field teams had ten athletes finish in the top-10 of their respective events at the Winthrop Invite.
- Angelnique Bryant set a new personal record in the preliminary round with a 100 meter dash time of 11.68 seconds. In the finals Bryant came in second place with a time of 11.81 seconds.
- Tanner Saunders had the only other top-three finish for the Spartans this weekend. The senior came in third place with a time of 53.28 seconds in the 400 meter hurdles event.
- Kalyn Brown placed fifth in the women's shot put event with a top throw of 12.75 meters. This was also a personal best for Brown.
- The Men's 4x400 meter relay team placed 5th overall at the competition with a time of 3:20.20.
- Brittany Cox was one of just two freshman to finish inside the top-10 of the 110 meter hurdles event. The freshman came in sixth place with a time of 14.52 seconds a new personal best.
- Adanma Uzor had another top-10 finish over the weekend. The sophomore jumper finished in sixth place in the triple jump competition.
- The Women's 4x100 meter relay team just missed out on a top-five finish with a time of 47.87.
- Antoine Nance had a pair of top-10 finishes this weekend with a ninth place finish in the 200 meter dash and a tenth place finish in the 100 meter dash.
- Lonnie Morton had top-10 finish and he set a personal record in the 400 meter event for the Spartans.
MEN'S PERSONAL RECORDS
- Cameron Smith set a new personal record in the 110 meter hurdles event.
- Distance runners Michael Tardella, Dorian Jones, Marlin Young and Jonathan Loy all had personal bests in the 5000 meter event.
- Jalen Pickett-Hicks set a new personal record in the Hammer throw and Tim Jordan had a new personal best in the Shot Put and Discus events.
WOMEN'S PERSONAL RECORDS
- Jazmine Brown set a new personal record in the 200 meter dash.
- Joey Palmquist had a new personal best in the 1500 meter event.
- USC Upstate stays in the Hub City next weekend as they participate in the Terrier relays.
Follow USC Upstate track & field on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).