JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. – USC Upstate freshman sprinter Angelnique Bryant won the 60 meter dash and was named the Buccaneer Invitational Women's Track Athlete of the Meet, on a day that saw 13 Spartans finish inside the top-ten of their respective events.
- Bryant won the 60 meter dash with a time of 7.60 seconds and finished seventh overall in the 200 meter dash. Her 200 meter time of 25.70 seconds was sixth best in USC Upstate history.
- Sprinter Brittany Cox finished 3rd overall in the 60 meter hurdles race. Cox's time of 8.95 seconds places her third on the school's all-time list.
- The Distance Medley Relay team of Allie Leavitt, Shamia Thompson, Joey Palmquist and Mia Davis finished second overall with a time of 13:51.12.
- The Women's 4x400 meter relay team of Dejaionne Kinard, Jasmine Brown, Shamia Thompson and Mikenzie Young-Mullins came in eighth place with a time 4:11.15.
- Jared Henderson tied the school record in the 60 meter dash with a time of 6.90 seconds. The time place him sixth overall at the meet.
- Sophomore thrower Tony Augusta once again had top-ten performances in the weight throw and the shot put. Augusta's weight throw of 16.44 meters earned him a third place finish at the Buccaneer Invite.
- Cameron Smith and Tanner Saunders finished the 60 meter hurdles event in seventh and eighth place respectively. Smith's prelim time of 8.24 seconds ranks him second All-Time at USC Upstate.
- Lonnie Morton also ran an impressive 60 meter hurdles time of 8.55 seconds and now ranks eighth in school history.
- Ari Jahanfar finished tenth overall in the triple jump with a leap of 13.20 meters.
- The men's Distance Medley Relay team of Tardella, Andrew Castano, Jalin Petty and Marlin Young finished third overall.
- The men's 4x400 relay team of Cameron Smith, Tanner Saunders, Jalin Petty and Lonnie Morton finished fifth in the competition.
MEN'S PERSONAL RECORDS SET
- Sprinters Jared Henderson, Keon Middleton-Weaver and Elam Pearson all set new personal records in the 60 meter dash.
- Middelton-Weaver, Cameron Smith, Javin Holston and Tanner Saunders all set new personal bests in the 200 meter event.
- Smith, Morton and Saunders also had personal bests in the 60 meters hurdles competition, while Morton added a personal record in the 400 meter dash.
- Middle distance runner Jalin Petty set a new personal record in the 800 meter race and throwers Tony Augusta and Jalen Pickett-Hicks set personal bests in both the shot put and weight throw events.
- Distance runners Jonathan Johnson, Michael Tardella and Andrew Castano all and personal records in the mile run.
- Marlin Young, Matt Levonick, Logan Miller, Jonathan Loy all finished with personal bests in the 3000 meter race.
WOMEN'S PERSONAL RECORDS SET
- Adanama Uzor and Carrie Barton both set new personal records in the 60 meter dash.
- Jasmine Brown, Dejaionne Kinard and Mikenzie Young-Mullins all set new personal bests in the long jump.
- Kinard and Young-Mullins joined Brittany Cox in setting new records in the 200 meter dash.
- De'Avion Nesbitt had a new personal best in the 400 meter event.
- Distance runners Joey Palmquist, Stecy Cherono, Ting O'Regan and Brawnwyn Koellner all set personal records in the one mile run.
- The Spartans will take a weekend off before heading back to Lynchburg, Va., for the Big South Indoor Track and Field Championships on Feb. 15-16.
Follow USC Upstate track & field on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).