Columbia, S.C. – The USC Upstate Track and Field team excelled at the Gamecock Inaugural this weekend winning two events and having nine top-five finishes.
- Sophomore thrower Tony Auguste won the open section of the shot put with a throw of 14.08 meters.
- Freshman sprinter Cameron Smith won the 60 meter hurdles competition with a time of 8.35 seconds. The mark is not only a new personal record but currently ranks fourth All-Time in school history.
- Kayln Brown finished second in the women's shot put with a throw of 12.25 meters. The senior also had a top-five finish in the weight throw with a toss of 14.37 meters.
- Sophomore jumper Adanma Uzor finished third in the triple jump with a leap of 11.78 meters. The sophomore also had a top-five finish in the long jump with jump of 5.57 meters.
- Jalen Pickett-Hicks set a new personal record and finished fourth in the shot put with a 13.35 meter throw.
- Bryson Hatten set a new personal record and a personal record in the men's weight throw. The senior came in fourth place with a throw of 14.25 meters.
- Distance runner Dorian Jones finished fourth in the mile run with a time of 4:17.24.
- Tanner Saunders finished sixth in the 60 meter hurdle invite and finished second in school history in the 300 meter dash.
- Lonnie Morton and Ari Jahanfar also set personal records in the 300 meter dash. Morton's time was good for fourth in school history and Jahanfar's time placed him sixth on the school's all-time list.
- Jared Henderson finished the 200 meter dash with a time of 22.83 seconds. The mark places him ninth on the school's all-time list.
Men's Personal Records Set
- Jonathan Johnson and Brandon Burt each set personal bests in the 3000 meter race.
- Logan Miller and Jonathan Loy each set a new personal best in the 5000m.
- Marlin Young, Michael Tardella, Matt Levonick, Andrew Castano all set new personal bests in the Mile run.
- Michael Jamison and Elam Pearson had personal bests in the 200 meter race. Pearson also set a new personal best in the Long Jump.
Women's Personal Records Set
- Jasmine Brown, Brittany Cox and DeJaionee Kinard each set new personal records in the 60 meter dash. Brown also set a personal best in the 200 meter dash and Cox set a new personal record in the 60 meter hurdles.
- Mikenzie Young-Mullins set a new personal best in the 60 meter hurdles.
- Stecy Cherono ended the weekend with a new personal best in the 3000 meter event.
- Brawnwyn Koellner completed a new personal record in the 800 meter event.
- Allie Leavitt and Joey Palmquist both set new personal bests in the mile run for the Spartans.
- Sarah O'Regan set a new personal record in the 5000 meter race.
- DeAvion Nesbitt had a new personal best in the 300 meter dash.
- USC Upstate track and field's next event will be next weekend January 25-26 in Lynchburg, Va., at the Liberty Kick Off.
Follow USC Upstate track & field on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).