Winston-Salem, N.C. — The USC Upstate track and field teams posted three top-5 performances on Saturday as the Spartans opened their 2018-19 indoor season at the College Kickoff Classic from the JDL Fast Track.
· Freshman Angelnique Bryant had an outstanding performance in the 60m dash finishing in 2nd place in the race and placing 3rd on the school's all-time list. Bryant also placed 10th in the 200m.
· Kalyn Brown took 6th place in the weight throw [48'7.25"] a personal best and 2nd on the Upstate all-time list.
· Adanma Uzor earned two top 10 finishes in jumps with and 8th place finish in the Long Jump and 5th place in the Triple Jump.
· Tony Auguste achieved two top 10 finishes by coming in 4th in the Weight Throw and 6th in the shot Put.
· Kwon Middleton-Weaver finished 7th and Ari Jahanafar finished 10th in the Triple Jump.
· Benji Bapoupeleh jumped to a 10th place finish in the long jump.
USC Upstate Head Coach Carson Blackwelder: "It is good see our sprints, jumps and throws compete today. They put in a lot of hard work and preparation in the fall and this is where it is put to the test. They had a great start to the season. We now need to continue to train over break and be ready in January."
Women's 60-meter dash
· Angelnique Bryant- 2nd place 7.58, prelims 7.56 -3rd all time in school history
· Jasmine Brown- 7.92, 9th all time in school history
Women's 200-meter dash
· Angelnique Bryant- 26.33, 10th all time in school history
Women's Weight Throw
· Kalyn Brown- 6th place, 48'7.25. 2nd all time in school history
Women's Long Jump
· Adanma Uzor- 8th place- 17'11.75"
Women's Triple Jump
· Adanma Uzor- 5th place- 36'4.25"
Men's 60-meter Hurdles
· Lonnie Morton- 8.61, 7th all time in school history
· Cameron Smith- 8.65, 8th all time in school history
Men's 60-meter Dash
· Javin Holston 7.14, 7th all time in school history
· Michael Jamison- 7.18, 10th all time in school history
Men's Shot Put
· Tony Auguste- 6th place- 45'4.50"
Men's Triple Jump
· Keon Middleton-Weaver- 7th place, 43'5.25"
· Ari Jahanfar- 10th place- 41'8.50"
Men's Long Jump
· Benji Bepoupeleh – 10th place, 21'3.25"
Men's Weight Throw
· Tony Auguste- 4th place- 51'1.75"
· Tashaun Wallace- Personal Best 41'5"
· USC Upstate's next meet will be January 18-19 at the Gamecock Inaugural in Columbia, S.C.
Follow USC Upstate track & field on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).