Johnson City, Tenn. – In their final tune-up before the ASUN Outdoor Track and Field Championships, the USC Upstate track & field teams had their best weekend of the 2018 outdoor season with five new school records and multiple personal best marks as the Spartans showcased their talents at the Tri Star Classic hosted by East Tennessee State.
- Kennedy Holton won the women's 100-meter hurdles in a school record time of 13.76. She finished second in the women's 400-meter hurdles.
- Sarah Hill set a school record in the women's 100-meter dash as she claimed the win in 11.67. Cierra Smalls finished third in the event, her time of 11.82 is tied for the third-fastest in school history.
- Hill won the women's 200-meter dash in a school record time of 23.99.
- Terry Newell set a new school record in the men's 100-meter dash with a time of 10.59. Newell finished in second place in that event as well as the men's 200-meter dash.
- Noah Walker, Tanner Saunders, Lonnie Morton and Ari Jahanfar finished 1-4 in the men's 400-meter hurdles. Walker won the race in a school record time of 52.10, which is the 24th-fastest time in the East Region this year.
- Walker claimed the men's 110-meter hurdles with a time of 14.56. Walker's time is the second-fastest in school history.
- Collins Livinus and Jalin Petty led a 1-2 USC Upstate finish in the men's 400-meter dash. Livinus won the race with a time of 49.25.
- Jahanfar scored a runner-up finish in the men's triple jump.
- The men's 4x400-meter relay team finished in second place.
- Krysta Pierstorff finished in third place in the women's 5,000-meter run. Pierstorff was followed by Marcy Bradshaw in ninth and Kelsey Warren in 10th.
- The women's 4x100-Meter Relay team finished in third place.
- Jaquille Mosley finished in third place in the men's javelin followed by Tashaun Wallace in fourth.
- Breondra Steele finished in fourth place in the women's high jump. Steele also scored an eight place finish in the triple jump.
- Lonnie Morton finished in fourth place in the men's 110-Meter Hurdles.
- Benjamin Bapuopeleh finished in fourth place in the men's long jump.
- Tony Auguste finished in fifth place in the men's shot put. Mosley scored a seventh place finish in the event followed by Wallace in 10th.
- Dorian Jones finished in fifth place in the men's 1,500-meter run and sixth in the men's 800-meter run.
- Keayra Jackson finished seventh in the women's triple jump.
- Shamia Thompson finished in eighth in the women's 1,500-meter run with Mia Davis following in ninth.
- Women's personal bests include Hill (100-meter dash and 200-meter dash), Smalls (100-meter dash), Holton (100-meter hurdles), Pierstorff (5,000-meter run), Davis (800-meter run) and Fatima Pedroza (800-meter run).
- Men's personal bests were achieved by Newell (100-meter dash), Walker (110-meter hurdles and 400-meter hurdles), Morton (110-meter hurdles), Petty (400-meter dash), Jahanfar (triple jump), Auguste (Discus), Wendell Jones (200-meter dash and 400-meter dash) and Richard Sowell (100-meter dash and 200-meter dash).
USC Upstate Women's Results
1. Sarah Hill – 11.76
2. Cierra Smalls – 11.82
1. Kennedy Holton – 13.76
1. Sarah Hill – 23.99
7. Cierra Smalls – 25.29
2. Kennedy Holton – 1:03.53
8. Shamia Thompson – 5:01.74
9. Mia Davis – 5:06.95
3. Krysta Pierstorff – 18:57.17
9. Marcy Bradshaw – 19:49.74
10. Kelsey Warren – 19:51.59
4. Breondra Steele – 1.60 meters
7. Keayra Jackson – 11.10 meters
8. Breondra Steele – 11.07 meters
USC Upstate Men's Results
2. Terry Newell – 10.59
8. Keon Middleton-Weaver – 11.23
10. Richard Sowell – 11.42
1. Noah Walker – 14.56
4. Lonnie Morton – 14.98
1. Collins Livinus – 49.25
2. Jalin Petty – 50.65
6. Wendell Jones – 51.73
1. Noah Walker – 52.10
2. Tanner Saunders – 52.47
3. Lonnie Morton – 55.96
4. Ari Jahanfar – 56.25
6. Dorian Jones -1:57.25
5. Dorian Jones – 4:04.07
9. Cory Tate – 4:28.89
Men's 5,000-Meter Run
8. Jacob Coccia – 16:36.96
9. Jared Coccia – 16:51.93
9. Tony Auguste – 41.11 meters
7. Bryson Hatten – 43.33 meters
9. Tony Auguste – 39.29 meters
3. Jaquille Mosley – 44.45 meters
4. Tashaun Wallace – 38.56 meters
4. Benjamin Bapuopeleh – 6.58 meters
5. Tony Auguste – 13.21 meters
7. Jaquille Mosley – 12.52 meters
10. Tashaun Wallace – 11.03 meters
2. Ari Jahanfar – 13.90 meters
USC Upstate will compete in the ASUN Outdoor Championships in Jacksonville, Fla. on May 11-12.
Follow USC Upstate track & field on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).