Columbia, S.C. – Terry Newell set his second school record in the 100-meter dash in as many weeks to highlight weekend efforts by the USC Upstate track & field teams at the Weems Baskin Invitational at Sheila & Morris Cregger Track at the University of South Carolina.
- Newell set a school record with a time of 10.68. His previous school record time was 10.73 set last week at the 49er Classic.
- Adanma Uzor finished in second place in the triple jump invitational division with a mark of 12.34 meters/40'6". Uzor also finished in second place in the long jump open division with a leap of 5.63 meters/18'5.75".
- Jaquille Mosley finished in sixth place in the open division of the javelin throw with a distance of 44.92 meters/147'4".
- Women's personal bests include Uzor (triple jump), Keayra Jackson (long jump and triple jump), Sarah Hill (200-meter dash), Marcy Bradshaw (1,500-meter run), Mia Davis (1,500-meter run) and Fatima Pedroza (1,500-meter run).
- Men's personal bests were accomplished by Newell (100-meter dash), Lonnie Morton (100-meter hurdles and 400-meter hurdles), Antoine Nance (100-meter dash and 200-meter dash), Ari Jahanfar (400-meter hurdles) and Dorian Jones (5,000-meter run).
Upstate Women's Results
Long Jump (Open)
2. Adanma Uzor – 5.63 meters/18'5.75"
Triple Jump (Invitational)
2. Adanma Uzor – 12.34 meters/40'6"
Upstate Men's Results
6. Jaquille Mosley – 44.92 meters/147'4"
USC Upstate will compete at the Terrier Relays at Spartanburg High School
Follow Upstate cross country and track & field on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).