Johnson City, Tenn. – In their final meet before the ASUN Indoor Championships, the USC Upstate indoor track and field team set three new school records this weekend at the Buccaneer Invitational. The meet was held inside the MSHA Athletic Center.
- Sarah Hill shattered the women's 200-meter dash school record as she finished in second place with a time of 24.58. The previous school record was 24.78 set by Dominique Nock in 2013. In her heat on Friday, Hill recorded a time of 24.95, which was the second-fastest time in school history at the time.
- Terry Newell broke his own school record in the 60-meter dash in Friday's preliminaries with a time of 6.95. Newell set the previous mark of 6.96 in USC Upstate's previous visit to the MSHA Athletic Center in January.
- Antoine Nance set a new school record in the men's 200-meter dash with a time of 22.11. Nance broke the previous mark of 22.36 set by Patrick Jamison in 2017.
- Adanma Uzor finished in second place in the triple jump and eighth place in the long jump.
- Dorian Jones continued his strong indoor season with a fourth place finish in the mile.
- Roman Mealing finished fifth in the 800-meter run.
Upstate Women's Results
5. Cierra Smalls – 7.75
6. Alfeeya Hall – 9.23
2. Sarah Hill – 24.58
10. Krysta Pierstorff – 19:23.16
8. Adanma Uzor – 5.56 meters/18'3"
6. Breondra Steele – 1.55 meters/5'1"
2. Adanma Uzor – 11.98 meters/39'3.75"
10. Keayra Jackson – 11.02 meters/36'2"
Upstate Men's Results
7. Noah Walker – 8.58
5. Roman Mealing -1:57.12
4. Dorian Jones – 4:17.08
7. Tony Auguste – 16.03 meters/52'7.25"
- The Spartans will compete at the ASUN Indoor Track & Field Championships in Lynchburg, Va. on Feb. 16 and 17.
Follow Upstate cross country and track & field on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).