Game Notes (PDF)
SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The USC Upstate women's tennis team is back in action this weekend after a nine-day break, traveling to North Carolina to take on Davidson Friday at 5 p.m. and Elon Saturday at 10 a.m.
- Upstate won the battle of Spartanburg last week, knocking off Wofford 6-1 to get back on track after falling 4-3 at UNC Asheville. The Spartans have won three of their last four matches and are a perfect 2-0 in home matches, while posting a 1-2 mark on the road.
- Constanze Kuerten is currently the only individual in the Atlantic Sun Conference with a perfect singles record among players who have played more than one match. Her 4-0 record includes a 3-0 mark at No. 3 singles and a 1-0 record at no. 2 singles.
- The Spartans have an overall doubles record of 9-4 on the year, going 3-1 at No. 1, 3-2 at No. 2 and 3-1 at No. 3. Julie Bell and Taylor Cohen have posted the best mark, going 3-1 at the top spot.
- After falling in its season opener at Virginia Tech, Davidson has reeled off three straight wins, knocking off UNC Asheville 4-3, Radford 6-1 and Gardner-Webb 4-3. Like the Spartans, the Wildcats are 3-1 at the top doubles spot with the tandem of Elaina Cummer and Brites Moniz-Soares.
- Riding a five-match winning streak, Elon's only loss of the season came at No. 8 North Carolina to open the season. Since that time, the Phoenix have done nothing but win and do so in impressive fashion. In four of the five matches in its current streak, Elon has surrendered a combined two points.
Last Time Out: The USC Upstate women's tennis team got back on track last Wednesday afternoon, taking on crosstown rival Wofford College and dominating the Terriers 6-1 in non-conference action.
Next Time Out: After a pair of road matches against Davidson and Elon, Upstate returns to action Saturday, Feb. 23 with a pair of matches, taking on Coastal Georgia at 10 a.m. and Converse at 2 p.m. Both matches will be played at the USC Upstate Tennis Complex.