SPARTANBURG, S.C. – Coming off of a thrilling 62-61 victory over Lipscomb Saturday night, the USC Upstate men's basketball team will close out its tour of the Music City Monday night at Belmont. Tip-off inside the Curb Event Center is set for 7 p.m. (CT).
For those fans that cannot attend Monday's contest there are several ways you can follow the action from the opening tip to the final horn. Fans can follow the action by clicking the live stats and live video links above.
Join the Conversation on Twitter: @UpstateSpartans
• Upstate head coach Eddie Payne is just two wins shy of 400 for his career.
• The Spartans victory over Lipscomb (Feb. 18) was the first-ever for the club against an A-Sun foe in the state of Tennessee. With the win and the ETSU loss at Belmont, the Spartans are assured of a spot in the top-three in the final A-Sun standings.
• Ty Greene scored a game-high 17 points including a step-back three-pointer as time expired to lead Upstate over Lipscomb, 62-61. Greene finished 5-of-10 from the floor and 4-of-8 from beyond the arc.
• Since a 77-74 (OT) setback at Jacksonville Jan. 16, the Spartans have won eight of their last nine contests.
• Four different Spartans reached double-figures as Upstate cruised to a 77-52 win over North Florida (Feb. 13). Adrian Rodgers led the way with 17 points, followed by Torrey Craig (15), Ty Greene (15) and Babatunde Olumuyiwa (10).
• Against the Ospreys, Upstate shot 50.0% from the floor (27-54), 61.5% from beyond the arc (8-13) and 75.0% at the charity stripe (15-20). The Spartans opened the game with nine assists on their first 11 made baskets and the squad finished with 17 assists on 27 made field goals.
• In their first season of full eligibility, the Spartans clinched a berth in the A-Sun Tournament (Feb. 29 - Mar. 3, Macon, Ga.) with a 70-66 win over Jacksonville (2/11/12). Upstate trailed by 13 with 14:19 to play and managed to come away with the victory despite shooting just 50.0% (13-26) at the charity stripe (at one point, the Spartans were 3-of-13 (18.8%) at the line.
• The victory over Jacksonville also gave the Spartans a new D-I era record nine conference wins. The previous high for Upstate was eight during the 2008-09 campaign. It was also the first time this season that Upstate had won a game when tied at intermission.
• Torrey Craig tallied his 13th career double-double (eighth of season) with 20 points and 10 rebounds in the four-point win over the Dolphins.
• Ty Greene joined Craig in double-figures against Jacksonville as the Spartan rookie posted 11 points after connecting on two field goal attempts and all six of his free throws. Greene also recorded a game-high four assists.
Today's Opponent – Belmont
After falling at Upstate, 79-78, Jan. 21 (led by 16 at halftime), the Bruins have won eight straight. In fact, Belmont has not scored fewer than 80 points in those eight contests.
Belmont cruised to an 80-58 win over ETSU Saturday night inside the Curb Event Center. Drew Hanlen and Ian Clark combined for nine of the club's 11 three-pointers Saturday.
Kerron Johnson leads a group of four players averaging double-figures. Johnson is averaging 14.0 ppg, followed by Clark (12.5), Hanlen (10.9) and Scott Saunders (10.1).
Mick Hedgepeth is the team's leading rebounder at 5.8 rpg. Meanwhile, Johnson is the leading assist man at 149.