SPARTANBURG, S.C. – After more than a month away from the Hodge Center, the USC Upstate men's basketball team (8-7, 2-1 Atlantic Sun) will open the home portion of its conference slate Saturday when they host Kennesaw State (3-12, 0-4) at 2 p.m.
For those fans that cannot attend Saturday's contest there are several ways you can follow the action from the opening tip to the final horn. Fans can follow the action by clicking the live stats and live video links above.
Join the Conversation on Twitter: @UpstateSpartans
• Upstate owns a pair of perfect 4-0 marks in the Hodge Center. The Spartans are 4-0 at home in 2011-12 and in the Division I era, Upstate owns a 4-0 home mark vs. Kennesaw State.
• In two career contests against Kennesaw State, Torrey Craig is averaging 26.0 points and 6.5 rebounds per contest, while Babatunde Olumuyiwa is averaging 8.0 points, 8.5 rebounds and 3.0 blocks per game
• Torrey Craig posted a career-high 29 points at ETSU (1/4/12). Craig, who scored 25 points in the final 20 minutes, was 9-of-16 from the floor, 5-of-11 from beyond the arc and 6-of-8 at the charity stripe. He also pulled down a game-high eight rebounds while recording his sixth 20+ point outing of 2011-12.
• Three other Spartans joined Craig in double-figures at ETSU (1/4/12): Mario Blessing (11), Jodd Maxey (11) and Ty Greene (10). Blessing, Maxey and Greene combined for nine of Upstate's 12 assists against the Bucs.
• Torrey Craig provided a spark for the Spartans in the second-half at South Carolina. Craig canned four triples and finished the final period with 16 points as the Spartans comeback attempt fell just short (L, 66-72, 12/31/11). For the game, Craig made seven field goals (four threes) en route to his fifth 20+ point game of the season.
• Jodd Maxey had a solid performance at South Carolina (12/31/11) as the RS-Sophomore finished with nine points, seven rebounds, four steals, two assists and one block.
• Ty Greene tied his career-high with 21 points in the 80-75 victory over FGCU (12/19/11). Greene connected on five field goals (four three-pointers) and was 7-for-8 at the charity stripe. In the second half, Greene scored 14 points as the Spartans led by as many as 10 in the final period.
• Ricardo Glenn finished with his second career double-double in as many games with 15 points and 10 rebounds at FGCU (12/19/11). Seven of Glenn's 10 rebounds came on the offensive glass.
• Against FGCU (12/19/11), Upstate reached a new season-high with an 85.2% mark at the free throw line (23-27).
• Ty Greene posted a game-high and career-high 21 points at Stetson (12/17/11). Greene tied a career-high with seven made field goals (four were from beyond the arc).
• Ricardo Glenn picked up his first career double-double with 12 points and 14 rebounds at Stetson (12/17/11). Glenn, who pulled down eight offensive rebounds, finished 4-for-8 from the field and was a perfect 4-for-4 at the line.
• Torrey Craig's streak of four games of 20 or more points in a game was halted at Stetson (12/17/11) as the sophomore finished with 13 points on a 4-for-14 effort from the floor. During his four game stretch, Craig averaged 22.3 points per game.
Today's Opponent – Kennesaw State
Kennesaw State makes the trip to Spartanburg with a 3-12 record overall and a 0-4 mark in league play. The Owls, after starting the season 2-2, have dropped 10 of their last 11 contests.
In the Owls most recent outing, they held a 27-25 advantage at intermission before Florida Gulf Coast rallied for a 62-55 victory Wednesday night inside the KSU Convocation Center. Aaron Anderson and Spencer Dixon scored 17 points apiece, while scoring leader Markeith Cummings (16.3 ppg) was limited to just five.
Dixon and Delbert Love join Cummings in the double-figure scoring column with 13.7 and 11.0 ppg, respectively. Anderson owns the team lead with 8.8 rebounds per outing.
Following Saturday's tilt, Kennesaw State will travel to Johnson City, Tenn., for a 6 p.m. contest Monday night at ETSU.