Spartans Set for Music City Tour
SPARTANBURG, S.C. - The USC Upstate men's basketball team will begin a two-game road swing through the city of Nashville beginning with a Thursday night tilt at Lipscomb.
In the Spartans last outing, they fell at home to Jacksonville, 79-69, on Feb. 13, while the Bisons picked up a road win at Campbell, 81-76, on Feb. 10.
Against Jacksonville, redshirt freshman Ricardo Glenn gave the Spartans a spark as he finished with a trio of career-highs with 16 points, five made field goals and six made free throws.
Upstate and Lipscomb met earlier this season and the Bisons claimed a 76-55 victory as they led wire-to-wire en route to the 21 point win on Jan. 23.
• After scoring just nine points at Florida Gulf Coast, Freshman Torrey Craig recorded back-to-back double figure games as he scored 14 points against both North Florida and Jacksonville.
• Redshirt freshman Ricardo Glenn came off the bench to score 16 points (in 16 minutes of play) against Jacksonville. He posted career-highs in both made field goals (5) and made free throws (6).
• Senior Josh Chavis is now third in school history for career three-pointers. He sank three on Sunday vs. Jacksonville and now has 193 career triples. He surpassed Luke Payne (2004-08), who had 190 career triples.
• Senior Mezie Uzochukwu sank a career-best eight field goals on Friday against North Florida and finished with a season-best 16 points.
• Freshman Babatunde Olumuyiwa has 67 blocks on the season putting him third in the single-season record books.
Today's Opponent – Lipscomb
After a four-game win streak was snapped with a pair of losses in Jacksonville, Fla., the Bisons picked up a road win at Campbell on Feb. 10 (W, 81-76).
Prior to the victory over the Camels, the Bisons fell on the road at North Florida (L, 62-72, Feb. 3) and at Jacksonville (L, 68-78, Feb. 5).
The Bisons are led offensively by Adnan Hodzic (18.5 ppg) and Josh Slater (16.0 ppg). Jordan Burgason also averages double-figures with 10.4 points per outing.
Hodzic and Slater also rank first and second on the team with 7.4 and 6.1 rebounds per outing, respectively.