Jacksonville, Fla. – Nathan Koslowski's single with two outs in the seventh inning broke a scoreless tie as Jacksonville completed the sweep of USC Upstate with a 4-0 win at Sessions Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
Jacksonville improves to 30-21 and 14-4 while Upstate drops to 22-29 and 5-13.
- Bottom 7th – Ruben Someillan reached on a single with two outs and advanced to second on a base hit by Dakota Julylia. Someillan scored the first run of the game on a Koslowski single.
- Bottom 8th – Jacksonville plated runs on a balk, a Chris Lehane single and a Someillan single.
- Charlie Carpenter went 2-for-4 with two singles to lead the Upstate offense.
- Upstate had runners at the corners with two outs in the eighth inning before a strikeout ended the threat.
- The Spartans left eight runners on base, two of which were in scoring position.
- Koslowski and Someillan each had two hits for the Dolphins.
- Matt Meyer (3-2) earned the win as he allowed a walk with three strikeouts in 2.2 scoreless innings.
- Blake Whitney (5-6) took the loss as he allowed one run on five hits with two walks and four strikeouts in 4.2 innings.
- Upstate travels to South Carolina on Tuesday for the final road game of the 2017 season. First pitch is scheduled for 7 p.m.