Mar 16, 2017
Spartanburg, S.C. – The Wofford Terriers used a three-run fourth inning to defeat USC Upstate 4-2 at Russell C. King Field on Thursday afternoon.
Wofford improves to 7-10 while Upstate drops to 9-10.
- Top 3rd – Zach Krider reached on a one-out double and scored on a Devon Ortiz single to give the Spartans a 1-0 lead.
- Bottom 4th – Wofford scored three runs in the inning. Cody Miller hit a two-run home run while another run scored as the result of an Upstate error.
- Top 6th – Charlie Carpenter reached on a walk and advanced to third on a Brendan Brundage single before scoring on a wild pitch.
- Bottom 8th – Brett Hash scored on a Matt Nathanson single.
- Upstate had the bases loaded with one out in the seventh inning but was unable to score.
- The Spartans left seven runners on base while Wofford stranded six runners.
- Krider went 2-for-3 with a single and a double.
- Ortiz, Brundage and Jake Bourke each had a hit.
- Max McDougald led the Terriers with two hits.
- Chris Sheehan (1-0) earned the win, allowing one run on one hit in 1.1 innings.
- Jordan Accetta (3) recorded the save with a strikeout in 1.0 innings.
- Blake Whitney (1-2) took the loss after allowing three runs (two earned) on five hits with two walks and eight strikeouts in 4.0 innings.
- The Spartans open a three-game series with Quinnipiac on Friday at 6 p.m.