Charlotte, N.C. – The USC Upstate track and field teams had six top-10 performances at the season-opening 49er Classic hosted by UNC Charlotte this weekend.
- Kalyn Brown finished in sixth place in the shot put.
- Destinie Sykes scored a 10th place finish in the triple jump.
- Essence Jackson finished in 10th place in the 800-meter run.
- Alex Love scored a fourth place finish in the 10,000-meter run.
- Dorian Jones crossed the finish line in sixth place in the 800-meter run.
- Desman Martin finished sixth in the triple jump.
- Noah Walker finished in 10th place in the 400-meter hurdle prelims
- Women's personal bests were accomplished by Brown (shot put), Storm-Alexis Gandy (5,000-meter run) and Alicia Chavez (5,000-meter run).
- Men's personal bests were achieved by Jones (800-meter run) and Walker (400-meter hurdles).
Upstate Women's Results
10. Essence Jackson – 2:17.16
6. Kalyn Brown – 13.26 meters
10. Destinie Sykes – 11.42 meters
Upstate Men's Results
6. Dorian Jones – 1:53.82
4. Alex Love – 32:26.74
6. Desman Martin – 14.54 meters
- Upstate will send competitors to the Raleigh Relays and the Winthrop Invitational next weekend.