Johnson City, Tenn. – The USC Upstate men's and women's track and field teams made their second visit of the season to the ETSU/MSHA Athletics Center this weekend as part of the Buccaneer Invitational.
- Kayla Jordon finished in sixth place in the 400-meter dash.
- Breondra Steele earned a fifth place finish in the high jump.
- Kalyn Brown finished in third place in the shot put.
- Kennedy Holton and Jazmine Burse scored top-10 finishes in the 60-meter hurdles. Holton finished in fifth place while Burse scored a seventh place result.
- Jordon (400-meter dash), Holton (60-meter hurdles), Essence Jackson (400-meter dash), Kelsey Warren (Mile Run) and Leah Jostes (3,000-meter run) each finished with personal bests.
- Upstate had a pair of top-10 finishers in the men's 5,000-meter run. Theodore Kountourogiannis finished in fourth place while Griffin Eubanks claimed a ninth place finish.
- Desman Martin finished in tenth place in the triple jump.
- Kountourogiannis (5,000-meter run), Roman Mealing (800-meter run), Jared Coccia (3,000-meter run) Jacob Coccia (3,000-meter run), Abraham Hernandez (3,000-meter run) each had personal bests.
Upstate Women's Results
5. Kennedy Holton – 8.93
7. Jazmine Burse – 9.17
6. Kayla Jordon- 57.92
9. Essence Jackson- 2:24.62
5. Breondra Steele – 1.63 meters
5. Destinie Sykes – 11.50 meters
3. Kalyn Brown – 12.73 meters
Upstate Men's Results
9. Dorian Jones – 4:27.88
4. Theodore Kountourogiannis – 15:14.09
9. Griffin Eubanks – 15:28.62
10. Desman Martin – 13.77 meters
- The Spartans will enjoy a weekend off before competing in the UCS Invitational on Feb. 18 in Winston-Salem, N.C.